PE and Sports Premium
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best of way using of the money. However, the government suggests that schools can use funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
We believe that physical activity not only improves health, reduces stress and improves concentration, but also promotes correct physical growth and development. Exercise has a positive influence on academic achievement, emotional stability and interaction with others. Through sport and other physical activities our children will learn about their responsibilities both as individuals and members of groups and teams; cooperating and competing fairly, understanding their own and other’s roles.
Our aims are that through physical education we teach and develop physical literacy, an appreciation of skilled and creative performances, understanding of basic principles of ‘fair play’ and improve inter personal skills. We achieve this by:
- following a broad and balanced PE curriculum fulfilling the requirements of the National Curriculum;
- giving every child the opportunity to swim at least 25m
- developing the fitness of the individual, by ensuring a good pace in lessons and incorporating fitness activities into physical education lessons as appropriate
- integrating, where possible, into other curriculum areas
- developing programmes that meet the needs of all the children
- involving the community where possible, for example, Sports Day, clubs, intra/ inter-school matches, outside coaching personnel and resources
- providing enjoyable experiences, where positive attitudes of sensitivity, leadership, co-operation, competition and tolerance may develop
Each year we publish how we have spent our allocation, please click the link below.
Carew Road, Northwood, Middlesex HA6 3NJ